🤔 Do you feel like you need to step-up your online marketing for your business? Here are 5 basic steps every business with a physical location should and can take before doing anything else online (even before creating a website).
1. Claim Your Google My Business Listing: As part of Googles effort to provide its users with relevant and useful information. Google offers businesses with a physical location a place to list their business on Google Maps for free. After you’ve created or claimed your GMB Profile, you’ll want to make sure your profile is complete with the best pictures and information possible.
2. Sync your GMB Listing with Bing Places: Save your-self the hassle of creating and managing multiple profiles. Grab additional visitors from Bing by syncing your GMB listing with Bing Places.
3. Claim Your Yelp Business Page: Run a quick search on Yelp to see if your business already has a Yelp page. If yes, claim it and update with all of the best information like you did with GMB. If there is no Yelp page, leave this alone for now. Yelp is not good for every business and there is no point in creating extra work for yourself unless its going to bring value to your business.
4. Inventory Your Social Media: Go through all major social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and Youtube and check to see if your business has any pages you don’t have access to. Similar to yelp, not every social media platform is going to be good for your business. Remove whats un-necessary and keep only what you can frequently post to and maintain.
5. Check For Accuracy: Head back to Google/Bing and run some searches for you business. What comes up? Is it accurate? If no, get to work on ensuring the sources are corrected. If accurate, great. However the work is not done. Make a habit of checking at least monthly to ensure all information, photos..ect are remain accurate across all platforms.
🙌 Phew! That’s it. Granted, these are just some basics, there is much more you should and can do. Now one step closer to maximizing your online opportunities for your business.
💡 Need our help? We can make sure the basics are covered and then some. Just send us a message at https://forwardweb.net/