When Hiring a Web Developer (ask questions)
Most of what you see on the web today is point and click (as intended). The back-end however (the engine), like always, consists of very little point and click (coding and programming make the www go round). It is this basic understanding that essentially separates a true web developer from someone who is simply building websites as a hobby.
Before hiring a developer to build a website for your business, do not be afraid to ask questions. Some good questions to ask before hiring a developer:
– How do you plan to build our website?
– How long have you been developing websites?
– Do you develop websites for a living or part time?
– How many websites have you developed?
– What will happen to my website if you disappear or become unavailable?
The above are some great starting points and do not be afraid to trust your gut (end of the day, its your money and you should feel good about your investment).